Helmet Stickers Week 14 Dolphins Notes
The Miami Dolphins lost an important game to the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday night. But, there are still some helmet stickers for week 14 to award.
Stickers for the Helmet Week 14
- Jason Sanders had some issues earlier in the season. But, over the past few weeks, he seems to have found his groove. He gets a week 14 helmet sticker for hitting his first 50+ yard field goal of the season. Yes, it came toward the end of the tough loss but it shows he will be ready if a kick is needed in clutch time.
- Christian Wilkins showed that national audience that his motor never stops! He was constantly making disruptive plays against the Chargers during the Week 14 Sunday Night Football game. If he was not busting up the gaps, he was running sideline to sideline. If everyone had his motor on the team, the Dolphins would be the team to beat!
- Jaelan Phillips also had his motor in full gear to earn a helmet sticker. He was putting a lot of pressure on Justin Herbert all game. If he continues to play at this level, the Dolphins’ defense will show signs of improvement moving forward.
- Tyreek Hill once again showed why the Dolphins traded for him. Even on what looked to be a bad play for the Dolphins when a running back (Wilson) fumbled, Hill scooped it up and took it to the house. He also caught another long TD pass. It should also be noted that Hill broke the single-season receiving yardage record for the Fins. He surpassed Mark Clayton’s record which had been on the books since 1984.
Notes on the Dolphins
- Mike McDaniel talked about Jeff Wilson during the coach’s Monday press conference. He stated, “It is day-to-day. It was still accumulating information, but so far it was more positive than the worst-case scenario could have been. It was a concerning situation where he had a lot of force into the ground and got grabbed and you always prepare for the worst, and it looks like we’ve avoided the worst-case scenarios for sure and we’ll be day-to-day. What does that mean for the game? We’ll see. There’s a lot of time between now and then, but the crisis was averted for sure.”
- McDaniel on playing in cold weather: “So it is what it is. If we’re trying to win a divisional game, we’re going to have to deal with elements and that comes with a mindset and just everyone’s going to be experiencing the same temperature. So I don’t plan on using that as an excuse in the slightest.
- The coach believes that Tyreek Hill will be okay to play this week. He described Hill’s injury as bumps and bruises that Hill is working through.
Do you think we gave helmet stickers to the right players in Week 14? Tell Dolphins Thirsty your thoughts on Twitter or comment here!
Test your 1972 Dolphins IQ!