Miami Dolphins Local News
The Miami Dolphins as the local news sees it. Here is what the South Florida media is talking about as the Fins prepare to play in their first playoff game since 2016.
Miami Dolphins Local News Reports
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald is must follow if you want to keep up with local news reports on the Miami Dolphins. Jackson’s latest article touched on the numerous injuries facing the team.
Notes from Barry:
- Tua Tagovailoa is out but the team still has hope that Teddy Bridgewater’s finger will heal enough to have him be the backup to Skylar Thompson.
- The offensive line still has many concerns in relation to injuries. Terron Armstead, Liam Eichenberg, and Brandon Shell all sat out Thursday’s practice. Barry noted that Armstead is hoping to play Sunday.
- Miami must find a healthy starter on the OL to join Robert Hunt, Robert Jones, Greg Little, and Connor Williams. Recently signed Geron Christian was mentioned as an option.
- RB Raheem Mostert is doubtful due to a broken thumb.
- On a positive note, Jackson advised that Bradley Chubb though limited did partake in Thursday’s practice.
South Florida Sun Sentinel Notes
Just like the Miami Herald the Sun Sentinel (SS) discussed the injury situation of the Miami Dolphins.
David Furones of the SS quoted Miami’s offensive coordinator, Frank Smith. Smith was asked if the main objective with a rookie QB was to avoid turnovers like it was against the Jets. Smith stated, “Philosophically for an offense, our job is to score points, and however we score points is trying to obviously win the game,” He continued, “So, for us last week, we felt there was an opportunity with the Jets to attack them in a way that maybe we hadn’t attacked certain opponents the same way.”
That is about it from today’s local news roundup on the Miami Dolphins!
Take a Dolfan quiz!