Miami Dolphins August 27
Some Miami Dolphins nuggets. The local news roundup.
- Mike McDaniel advised the he will announce QB 2 in about one week. It is a battle between Mike White and Skylar Thompson to be Tua Tagovailoa’s primary backup when the season opens.
- There is no word on if Tyreek Hill will or will not be hit with a suspension. Hill was involved in an incident at the Haulover Marina. Hill reached a settlement with the other party. No criminal charges were filed. The NFL can still suspend despite no charges and the settlement. The NFL has not confirmed if the case is still open on their front.
- Salvon Ahmed has appeared to avoid serios injury per McDaniel. Ahmed is not in concussion protocol. His status is considered day to day.
- The injury to Elijah Campbell is more serious according to McDaniel. It does not appear to be an ACL but was described as a “substantial injury” for Campbell. He will miss a long stretch of time.
- The injury that had everyone concerned is not as serious as first feared. Daewood Davis remained motionless after receiving a hit as he was attempting to catch a pass. Davis is back in South Florida with the team. But, he is concussion protocol.
Zach Sieler and Christian Wilkins
As mentioned here, Zach Sieler has signed a contract extension with with the Dolphins. Christian Wilkins and the team still have not reached an agreement on a contract extension. Wilkins is playing under the 5th year option this season which will pay him a little over $10 million.
Waddle and Armstead
Both Jaylen Waddle and Terron Armstead sat out the final exhibition game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Waddle and Armstead are both dealing with injuries. Yet, it seems they remain optimistic that they will be ready to play in Week 1 on September 10, 2023. The Dolphins will face the Chargers to open the season.