Local Miami Dolphins News
It is time for another local Miami Dolphins news roundup. Of course, most of the talk centers around the Josh Boyer firing.
Miami Dolphins Local News Coverage
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel’s David Furones named some possible replacements for Josh Boyer. Many of them were the same names we listed yesterday here on Dolphins Thirsty. Furones came up with some other interesting names as well. For this post, I will just mention names that I did not list yesterday. Now, onto the views of the local media covering the Miami Dolphins.
- Vance Joseph: Yes, that same Joseph who was on Adam Gase’s staff in 2016 as defensive coordinator. Joesph became head coach of the Denver Broncos when he left Miami. He lasted two seasons as Denver’s head coach. Joseph was the coach when Denver selected Bradley Chubb in the NFL Draft. Chubb is now on the Dolphins.
- Kris Richard: Richard was actually a candidate to become the head coach of the Dolphins when Brain Flores was hired. He is currently with the New Orleans Saints. He has prior experience as a defensive coordinator. Right now he serves as a CO-DC with the Saints.
- Gerald Alexander: Another name that has been a part of the Dolphins in the past. Alexander was Flores’ staff. He has not be a DC. Furones pointed out that Alexander took a year off from football in 2022.
- Jerod Mayo: Mayo is currently an inside LB coach with the Patriots. He has no prior experience as a DC. He is a rising talent in the coaching ranks but seems to be happy in his current position at this time.
- Anthony Campanile: Campanile is an in-house candidate. He has no prior DC experience. But, he seems well-respected by the players.
- Sean Desai: Like Mayo Desai is a rising talent among the coaching ranks. He has worked with everyone’s top choice (Vic Fangio) for DC it seems. Desai has prior DC experience with the Chicago Bears.
Miami Herald Fins Notes
Like the Sun Sentinel, the Miami Herald discussed DC candidates for the open spot on the Dolphins. The Herald had all of the same names as well. Daniel Oyefusi did have one name not mentioned by Dolphins Thirsty or the Sun Sentinel. That name is Aaron Whitecotton. Whitecotton is currently the DL coach with the New York Jets. He worked with Mike McDaniel while they were both in San Francisco.